If you’re like most busy parents, you don’t have a lot of time for fun, family activities once the school year starts. Sure, there are school activities, sports, and clubs. But between all of the school year commitments and jobs, there’s not a lot of time for anything else. Before those carefree days of summer wind to a close, wouldn’t it be great to get in a few more fantastic days together to make memories and share some fun?
5 Great End of the Summer Activities Before the School Bells Ring
- Water Park. If you haven’t made time to take the kids to a water park over the summer, pencil that in. If you can’t find a park near you or don’t have the time for that, there’s always a community pool.
- Picnic. For the outdoor lover, there’s nothing better than a picnic outside. Pick a day to explore your favorite park or just picnic out in your own backyard. Use the time to put away all your electronic devices and reconnect with family.
- Bike Ride. When’s the last time you went for a long bike ride with the whole family. Map a path that leads through your favorite neighborhood, or past your favorite ice cream shop for a sweet treat to cool off during your ride.
- Scavenger Hunt. Just because the kids are out of school is no reason they shouldn’t see all their friends. A great way to give your kids time to socialize and enjoy the summer is by organizing a scavenger hunt, for neighborhood friends or classmates from school. The whole family can get involved to break up the monotony of summer.
- Zipline Adventures. For those in the Columbus area, ZipZone offers zipline tours that are fantastic for the whole family. Get to see the stunning forest landscape, while zipping from platform to platform above.
About ZipZone Tours
If you haven’t been on a ZipZone Tour, we offer a number of packages for families. You’ll get to tour the beautiful landscape with an experienced guide, while zipping across ravines and walking across sky bridges. Participants must be 7 years of age and a minimum of 50 pounds. Remember to wear hiking appropriate footwear and clothing that will be comfortable in a full harness.
Labor Day Deals From ZipZone
For those interested in a fantastic ZipZone Canopy Tour before the summer is over, we’re offering 25% off ALL tours during the Labor Day Weekend (September 5th – 7th).
Log in to our Zipline Reservations Page and book your tour today. If you’re booking for Labor Day, include our promotional code, LD2015, to get your 25% off discount!